Want to find the WiFi password on Your Mac? Here Is How!
Today technology has taken over all our lives. Nothing is like it was before. Everything today is driven by technological advancements and digitization of all platforms. With the advent of internet, the connectivity to the world has increased by so many folds. So many people around the world today are connected to each other via the internet sharing so much of information all the time. However, the advancement in technology has also been in the form of building newer systems and applications over the time.
With so many different operating systems, there have been a lot of changes in the way computer systems run on different platforms. A great example are the Mac products from the tech giant Apple. They have their own operating system called Mac with enhanced security protocols governing the OS. Navigating through a new platform can be quite challenging, especially for small activities like how to find wifi password on mac. If you are looking for some information on that, then here are some steps.
Steps to Find the Wi-Fi Password on Your Mac
On Mac, everything can be stored and connected with the iCloud if you choose to do so. Even passwords are stored on some applications on the cloud, which can be accessed by all your Mac devices from anywhere at any time. Below are the steps for the question of how to find Wi-Fi password on Mac.
- Go to the top right menu to the search bar and write ‘keychain access’. This will open up a new window of the keychain access.
- In the left hand side bar, click on the ‘Passwords’ tab.
- Go to the top right hand corner and search for the network your want the password for.
- Once you find your desired network, double click on it for a menu to appear.
- Click on the ‘show password’ option.
- Another small tab will pop up asking for the administrator username and password. Fill it up. You may also be prompted to fill in your administrator password and username for the second time. Fill it up for the second time as well.
- The password for the selected Wi-Fi should now be displayed.
Basically, the keychain access feature on the Mac devices stores your Wi-Fi passwords on the clouds so that you can access them as and when you require. It often happens that we forget the Wi-Fi password and username leading to much more complications. The Keychain access feature helps you recover your Wi-Fi password within seconds and comes in very handy. Mac software is quite unique in a lot of features that it offers giving Mac users an extra edge over other operating systems. That is why there is huge amount of demand for Apple products having the Mac OS. If you are new to Mac and were stuck with the problem of how to find Wi-Fi password on Mac, then now you know it all!